Come join us as a valued member of our team. Bayhsore Tire & Service is an an equal opportunity employer.
For job application, call Bayshore Tire & Service Center at 772-871-1111 or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
General Auto Service Technician and Tires Specialist
Bayshore Tire & Service Center is a one stop affordable full service Tire & Auto Repair Center in Port Saint Lucie. We are a Goodyear independent dealer & AAA approved repair center, honest pricing, nationwide warranty, stellar reviews.
Job Description: The General Auto Service Technician must have a mechanical aptitude and ability to diagnose and perform tire and automotive service work. The General Maintenance Technician is responsible for the repair and maintenance of customer vehicles while providing a high level of customer service. Hands on experience with lube, oil, filter, brakes, preventative maintenance fluid flushes, transmission & alignment is required. The General Maintenance Technician must complete all other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: Overall duties include, but are not limited to:
- Two years of experience or more in Mechanical and Automotive Repair and Tires related work
- Perform all Tire and Wheel related services: Mount, Install, Balance and Repair Tires
- Rotate Tires and Visually Check Brakes
- Hands on experience with Lube, Oil, Filter, Brakes, Preventative Maintenance, Fluid Flushes
- Install Batteries and check Electrical Systems
- Recommend necessary services to sales and service personnel
- Complete all repairs in an accurate and safe manner
- Assist in maintaining shop appearance and safety standards by performing duties such as inventory stocking and other general functions
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive company and customer vehicles is required
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers, associates and management
- Must be reliable and able to work a flexible schedule depending on business needs
- General understanding of under the hood, mechanical and under carriage assemblies
- Must have experience using a standard/metric wrench and socket set, screwdrivers, hammer, impact gun and sockets, alignment toe hooks, air hammer, tape measure, vise grips, torque bits, wheel bearing socket set, 12 volt test light, and oil filter tools to perform the duties of the GMT position- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, grip, handle, lift/ carry up to 60 pounds, and push/pull up to 60 pounds up to 2/3 of the work day
- Must also have the ability to lift / carry over 60 pounds and push/pull over 60 pounds up to 1/3 of the work day
Job Type: Full-time